POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : Time for eBooks? : Re: Time for eBooks? Server Time
18 May 2024 11:04:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Time for eBooks?
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 5 Feb 2002 13:04:10
Message: <3c601e9a$1@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message
> "Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message
> >
> >     That's what I thought until I started using them regularly. While
they
> > will never replace paper for me, I have acquired a taste for reading on
the
> > screen. I choose a large font and readjust my chair for a more relaxed
> > position and move my keyboard so that I can reach the page-down key from
> > where my arm naturally lays...
> >

> Well, I do that for kareoke... I dunno, it just seems that e-books, with
current
> technology, and despite the obvious advantages, are, ergonomically, a step
> backwards*.

    Ergonomically?!?! I have a -much- better posture and can read for
a -much- longer time when I set up here to read something as compared to a
book. Books require odd positioning, props and pillows, arms that fall
asleep, weird lights that hang off the bedposts on little cranes....

    Give me a large screen and an arm rest anytime.

    O course, my lovely wife hates it when I bring the large screen to bed
with me so I won't be going full e-book any time soon.